Tuesday, August 7, 2012

We only THOUGHT it was "Getting Closer"....

So, apparently Sadie won't be starting Kindergarten as soon as I thought she would. (see previous post) Don't get me wrong, my heart is doing the happy dance with this information! BUT, my Type A personality is struggling with NOT knowing WHEN she will actually start!!! The school board and the County Commission cannot agree on a budget for Sumner County schools. Therefore, school cannot begin until they settle this issue. I totally agree w/ the school board in this. Our schools NEED more money. We have GREAT teachers in our county, and the test scores prove this to be true. BUT, when our county is compared with other counties as far as budgets, technology, etc. go, we are WAY at the bottom! I even noticed in Sadie's new Kindergarten class that the computers looked like they were from the 1900's. Come on, people! Let our schools have some more money! I am in total agreeance to pay larger taxes if I need to. And, trust me, I am not always willing to say that. BUT, they won't agree to do that, b/c I'm sure they are afraid they won't get our votes next election. Kiss it, people!!!!!!!!!! You're not going to get MY vote, b/c you won't let my child be in school!!!! I-D-I-O-T-S! So, we are patiently waiting. Every. Single. Day. We have NO clue at this moment when schools will start. They're saying anywhere from next week to the middle of September. Middle of September would be great, except for when we're in Hilton Head, but that's another whole story. Geez people! Just agree on something and let our sweet kids start school. The positive side of this is that Sadie and I get to spend lots of quality time together that we wouldn't have otherwise gotten had she started school this week! Sawyer DID start yesterday, since his school is considered "private", so we're just taking him to school and wondering when Sadie will be next. The negative side to the positive side is that since Sadie is not in school, I am constantly trying to plan fun activities for EVERY day so that we can fully appreciate all of this extra time we have together. Why is that negative, you ask? Because our bank account is dwindling each time we have another "fun" day! LOL Anyways, Sawyer did indeed get to begin Pre-K yesterday! He was BEYOND excited about this!!!!! Precious little boy.
Sadie was so excited to take him to school and to get to walk him into his classroom. He did so good and he was FIRED UP! His little friend, Addie, is not in his class this year. She's going 5 days a week instead of 3, but they are across the hall from each other, so they will get to see each other on the playground!
We went into Ms. Sharon's room and Sawyer found his name at the table and he is right beside his precious buddy, Emma Cate. These 2 are pretty excited to be in class together again!!!
We picked him up after school and he said that he had a great day. He doesn't know anyone's name yet, but he will learn and he seemed to like his classmates. He already seems so big!!!!! I'm so excited about what this year will hold for him. We took him to his 4 year check up today and he is 37 pounds (SKINNY) and almost 43 inches tall (TALL)! Dr. Lund said that he is "normal" in weight, but off the charts in height! Where did my kids get their height from??????? He did so good though and answered all of her questions just as he was supposed to. I'm so proud of that little dude. Stay tuned for Sadie's Kindergarten Start update!!!!!

No comments: