Saturday, August 18, 2012

"Coach Phillips" first game!

What a week! I've definitely been running on autopilot this week. Going through SO many emotions, mostly sadness, all week long. I have just missed Sadie so much more than I ever thought I would. It hurts my heart. On one hand, I am BEYOND excited for her. She loves her new school so much. On the other hand, if I could, I would turn back time in a heartbeat and start summer all over again, just so that I could appreciate my time with her so much more. I was with my kids ALL summer long. I had very few "breaks" from them, but I loved every minute of it. I don't regret for one second all of the time that we spent together, and I'm especially even more thankful now that I miss her so much. She woke up this morning (Saturday) and the first thing she said was "awwwwww MAN! I wanted to go to school today!!!". I just laughed at her and said "well, I'm thankful that I get you ALL weekend long"!!!!! Goodpasture's first game was last night against their big rival CPA. Dennis was so excited to be coaching from the sidelines. I was so nervous for him!!!! The game was madness. The kids were out of control from having no sleep all week long. My head was spinning from trying to figure out who everybody is. Sadie wanted to go and "cheer" with the other little girls during halftime, so we got there an hour and a half early to practice, only for her to decide immediately that she didn't want to do it. Awesome. So by the time the game actually started, they were already out of control. Lack of sleep turned into being overly tired, which turned into them acting CRAZY! Geez! So, even though I didn't get to pay much attention to the actual game, we were so proud to have daddy out there! At one point, Sawyer was screaming "D-A-D-D-Y" as loud as he could. Dennis couldn't hear him, so Sawyer screamed louder. Dennis still couldn't hear him, so Sawyer buried his head in my chest and started bawling. Broke. My. Heart. Goodpasture lost by one touchdown, but it was a great game! I brought the kids home and put them straight to bed and hurried to the TV to watch "Touchdown Friday". Unfortunately, the GCS/CPA game wasn't even mentioned. Whatever. D didn't get home until about midnight. Ouch. But, he loved every minute of it!!!!!

No comments: