Thursday, July 2, 2009

Whirlwind July 2009 - Week One

July 1:
Not much going on today. Trying to take a deep breath before July really kicks in. The first few days of this month are usually pretty low key. I took dinner to Sonnie since she had surgery last week. She seems to be doing great!!! We got home waaaaayyyyy past the kids' bedtime tonight, b/c Dennis' truck was in the shop and we had to take his mom's car back to her, then drive to H'ville to pick up his truck, etc.
But, we are thankful his truck is fixed! It has to carry some donkeys to Shelbyville next week for cryin' out loud!! ha ha
July 2:
Today was a fun day! Me and the kids met Cayce, her boys, and Rachel Fontenot and her girls at Indian Lake to play in the fountains. It was a lot of fun!!





These next 2 pictures are of Ella Claire and Steele literally wrestling over a ball and I thought it was hilarious!


After naptime that afternoon, my dad came over to bring his last load of fireworks that he had bought for the 4th. I invited him to come with us back to Indian Lake that night for the live music, etc. We went and got Buffalo Wild Wings to go and spread out a blanket and had a little picnic, along w/ everyone else in Hendersonville. It was such a gorgeous night. We had a ball! The band was playing all Beatles music, which is my dad's most favorite and since I grew up listening to it, I love it to! Sadie played in the water a little bit and had a blast. I didn't put her bathing suit on her, b/c it was a little chilly for that. I can't believe I'm saying it was too chilly on the 2nd day of July, but wow, we've had some great weather!!!



We took Sadie to get some ice cream at the Marble Slab Creamery that is right there in Indian Lake and then we headed back home. This man asked me to hold his dog's leash for him while he went in to Marble Slab to get some ice cream and I said "sure". The dog was small and didn't seem to be causing any trouble. Well, the man came back out a few minutes later and he had actually bought the ice cream FOR THE DOG! Are you kidding me????? I should've taken a picture of that. The dog was so excited. Now that's what I call a spoiled little puppy!!!

July 3:
Dennis was off work today, so we got to spend it as a family which I loved! I wish he was off every Friday! We just went to the gym and hung out all day. Tonight, we had a date night with Travis and Anita. We all went to Southstreet and had some yummy food! We had so much fun.


It was the first time since I have had Sawyer that I was able to stay out past 8:00 because I didn't have to nurse him. We were still home by 9:15, but hey, we're getting old!!!! Dennis' dad and Barbara came over and kept the kids and put them to bed for us. It was the first night that I haven't been here to give Sawyer his bath and put him to bed. He did great! I was very thankful for that. It's nice to have a little bit of freedom back! After we left Southstreet, we drove over to Indian Lake and had some delicious ice cream and then headed back home. It was so nice to hang out with Travis and Anita. We have so much fun with them. We used to go to Southstreet a lot before we all had kids, so it was fun to go back. Dennis started up the smoker when we got home and he was up all night long smoking the barbeque for the 4th.
July 4:
What a day! Dennis was up all night long smoking the food. Bless his heart. He was afraid he'd mess it up if he fell asleep, so he only slept in short spurts on the couch all night long.
Here are a few pictures of him throughout the night:


We got up and hung out all day with my dad. He came over fairly early to help Dennis with all of the food and to get all of the fireworks and things ready for that night. Here are a few cute pics of him and the kids first thing this morning.



He and Dennis worked their tails off all day long. We had a little fun in between all of the work too! My dad has been buying fireworks for tonight for the past year. It was more fireworks than I've ever seen in my whole life! He started a tradition about 4 years ago with Chance to shoot fireworks with him on the 4th, and he hopes to continue it for years to come.



I got a couple of cute pictures of the kids before everyone got here. Sadie was being so sweet and wanted to be right next to Sawyer.





Here are a few pics throughout the night. The first one is of the yard and all of the stuff that we had set up for the kids to do when we thought the weather was going to hold out for us. But, we had the best time. Lots of family, wonderful food, good memories, etc. I couldn't have asked for a better time. Sadie had the absolute time of her life. I never saw her without a smile on her face. She was playing with everyone and she was in heaven!











I have to explain this next picture. Okay, so we are under a tornado warning as we are getting ready to do the fireworks show. Not good! My dad had spent an ungodly amount of $ on the fireworks and we were all determined to be able to see them!! So, just as it started to rain, Dennis says "let's make a memory!!". So, Dennis, my dad, Chance, and Jeffrey all start running around like crazy people setting up these hundreds and hundreds of fireworks and they start setting them off. The only way I can explain it is that it was like a 20 minute constant grand finale of a fireworks show. I had to bring both of my kids inside within the first 30 seconds because they were both freaking out. But, I heard it was great and everyone else enjoyed it. We had people in our neighborhood drive by afterwards yelling out of their car windows about how awesome it was! I took this picture when all was said and done b/c they were all soaked!!! Hey, the show must go on!

It was a great night. I wouldn't have changed a thing. Even though it would've been better had the weather been a little nicer, it was still so much fun.
July 5:
Today was a very restful day. We got up and went to church and it was wonderful! We had a guest speaker and I thought he was great. Worship was great, the sermon was great, etc.
We came home and after the kids went down for their naps, I took the first Sunday afternoon nap I have taken since Sawyer has been born. It felt so good!!!!! I chose it over going to the gym and I am so glad I did! This weekend wore us out!
Let the next week begin!

No comments: