Thursday, July 9, 2009

2nd Week of July

The second week of July still didn't seem quite so busy. Thank goodness! We still had a lot going on, but it wasn't getting too crazy yet. Sawyer got his 2nd hair cut. It didn't go as well as the first. He was a bit more antsy, so it made it extremely difficult to try and get him to be still so that he didn't get jabbed in the neck with the sharp scissors. I think next time, we might just buzz it off. Just kidding. Although you obviously can't see his hair very well in this picture, it's the only picture I got of him shortly after his cut. He was having fun with daddy.
We've been on the go for the past few days. It seems to be that way during this whole month. This is a picture of poor Sadie the other day during lunch. She was ready to go "night-night". Bless her heart!

One day, we met my mom at the mall because she wanted me to pick out some perfume for my birthday. Well, we just had to ride the carousel. Sawyer was a bit afraid, so he only rode it once, but my mom let Sadie ride a 2nd time, and look at the excitement on her face!!! She loved it!! Disneyworld, here we come! Just kidding...
Also, on Wednesday, the 8th, Sawyer took his very first steps all by himself! I stood him up in front of me, saw that he could balance on his own, scooted myself back a bit, and here he came! I did it several times to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me and he did it over and over. It was only a couple of steps at a time, but he still did it!
On Thursday, the 9th, our subdivision held a huge picnic/talent show/Jason Crabb (of the Grammy award nominated "Crabb Family") concert in our big common area. It was so much fun! He sings gospel country and was great! Everyone in the community was invited and we had a great turn out. We were only able to stay for about 4 of Jason's songs, because it was getting really late and the natives were getting restless, but we had so much fun! We were out there for about 3 hours. The kids had the time of their lives. Rachel and Jeffrey brought Chance and Emma too. They had so much fun. Here are a few pictures:

Friday, the 10th was my brother-in-law's birthday! Happy Birthday Daren!!!!! Let the birthdays begin! Daren's kicks it off every year and we have a birthday-a-day for about the rest of the month. Let the good times roll!!! Friday night, Dennis took the kids to get some take-out while I stayed here and enjoyed a few moments of peace and quiet. I needed it. It has been a rough week. Sawyer literally wants me to hold him non-stop. I don't know what to do about it. I don't mind letting him cry, but there's only so much I can take. Anyways, it felt good to just chill for a moment. I didn't even turn on the TV. Saturday, we all got up and went to Phillips ToyMart in Belle Meade. It was the first time I've ever been. Loved it!!!! I could've stayed in there for hours!!! I was looking for something in particular for Sawyer's birthday, but they didn't have it. But, I got lots of birthday presents for other kids, so it was well worth the trip. We stopped on the way home and got the Picnic Cafe take out. One of my old favorites from when I worked on that side of town. YUM!!! Saturday afternoon, Dennis and I took Sadie to Shelbyville to the Donkey show. She and Dennis, along with Grammy, McHaney, and Daren made up the "Cinderella" entry in the costume contest at the show. The donkey pulled the "carriage" which the 2 Cinderella's rode in. So precious!!!! We won first place! I felt like such a proud mommy. I told everyone that I never thought I'd be called a "donkey mom", but I'm proud of it! Sadie did so good. I didn't think she would ride in the carriage, but she did! I had tons of great pictures and even some good video, but I accidentally deleted it all. I was so upset. But, what do ya do? I still got a few good pictures from our other camera, and am waiting on some others too.

We had so much fun! It was so nice being with just Sadie. I definitely missed my little man, but I enjoyed Sadie more than I've been able to in a long time. We stopped and ate at Sonic on the way home and we got ice cream and treats and didn't get home until about 10:15, which is WAY past her bedtime, but she was a precious angel. She didn't even go to sleep in the car. I was shocked!
Sunday, we got up and went to church. I kept the nursery, which was madness! I really needed to be around 11 screaming babies for an hour and a half after the week I had last week. Wow! Thank you Lord for granting me an extra dose of love and patience that morning!!!! We just hung out all day. Sunday night, Sadie and I went to get pizza together while Dennis and Sawyer went to pick up his truck from his mom's house. Again, I got to hang with my little girl for a while and it was priceless. I got to sit in the floor and read books to her without a little guy creeping over to rip the book out of my hand!
Monday, the 13th was my 31st birthday. I woke up to a white chocolate mocha and Blueberry muffin from Starbucks from my sweet husband who got up extra early to go and get it and have it waiting for me when I got up. Then, I was leaving to go to the gym and my sweet friend Shelly was pulling into my subdivsion with a card and a cupcake from Gigi's, which she knows is my favorite!!!! So sweet!!!! I was so surprised! I then went to Boot Camp for the first time at the gym. I know, Starbucks, Gigi's cupcakes and Boot Camp don't mix...but, hey, it's my birthday! Gotta work it all off, right? Boot Camp kicked my rear! I won't name any names, but a friend of mine met me there and had to leave to go and throw up in the bathroom halfway through because it was kicking her butt so bad! It was tough, but it was awesome. I love tough! I came home and Dennis surprised me and came home for lunch w/ flowers in hand. It was precious. Dennis and Sadie recorded this sweet message for me.

For my birthday dinner, Dennis took me to Kabuto and it was delicious!!! We haven't been there in a long time. We ran a few errands, went and got some ice cream, and came home. Deb and LJ had already bathed the kids and put them to bed when we got home, so we just got to relax and enjoy ourselves for the rest of the evening. What a great birthday for me!!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Aldridge said...

I'm not afraid to to say it was SOOOOO me. It about killed me and I am SOOOOO sore. :)

Anna Phillips said...

I wasn't going to "out" you!!!!! I was fine this morning, but as the day has gone on, I'm getting worse! I know I won't be able to walk tomorrow!!!!!