Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Week Three of July...the month is halfway over!

Week Three started with my sister-in-law's birthday! Happy Bday Rachie! Daren, Rachel, Dennis, and I all have birthdays in July, so we are going out next week to celebrate with them. We took the kids to Toys R Us Tuesday night to buy Sawyer some gifts for his upcoming birthday. It was a quite enjoyable experience until we had to leave and Sadie had a bit of a meltdown. I guess she was having too much fun getting to run around a toystore and play with lots of new toys!
Anyways, we've been laying pretty low this week. We've got a real busy weekend ahead! Thursday, the 16th, Deb came over to keep the kids while I went and met Shelly to have pedicures and lunch. It was wonderful!!!! Both of our birthdays are this month, so we decided instead of doing gifts, we would just spend some time together. It was so much fun! We haven't had an uninterupted conversation in about 3 years, so it was nice to be able to talk without the kids running around. Why don't we as moms do that kind of thing for ourselves more often????
Thursday night, we went to Indian Lake and had dinner at Qdoba. Then, Dennis took the kids and walked around and listened to the music while I went and used my Gymbucks at Gymboree.
Friday was Emma's 7th birthday. I can't believe it! I can't believe it's been 7 years since she was born. I literally remember it like it was yesterday! Dennis and I were leaving to go on a trip for our 1 year anniversary, and Emma was born just a few days before that. I didn't want to leave to go on the trip! I was so in love with that little girl. I missed her like crazy on our trip. She's such a precious little girl and she definitely keeps us all on our toes! She's going to be a little fire ball! Happy Birthday sweet girl!!!!
Friday afternoon, a girl from church came and picked up all of my consignment stuff for the Encores and More North sale in August. I had 11 garbage bags of stuff!!!! Wow! I also got rid of a couple of toys that the kids don't play with anymore. Friday night, we rode the 4-wheeler down to our friends' house in our subdivision and hung out with them, another couple, and all of the kids. It was a lot of fun. Saturday was my dad's birthday. I called him early that morning to wish him a Happy Birthday. Dennis, me and the kids went that morning to Indian Lake to the Farmers Market and walked around for a while. It was so gorgeous! It was even a bit chilly! We have had the mildest summer I can ever remember. There have been a few hot days, but we have had some of the most gorgeous days in a long time. We went to this new store over there called "Candylicious". It is so neat! Sadie is not a huge "candy" person, but she loved looking at all of the neat stuff. She picked out a blow pop and was so excited about it. I was trying to get her to get a really neat lolipop, but she wouldn't have it. She wanted the one that she picked out all by herself. We came home, had lunch, and hung out for a bit before putting the kids down a little early for their naps. Sadie was cracking us up because she has started "singing" all of the time and it is hilarious!!!! Here are 2 videos of her newfound fame!


After naptime, we headed to Brentwood to My Gym for Steele's "Titans" themed 3rd birthday party.


There were tons of people there. It was a bit crazy, but fun! I have lots of pictures to share. Even T-Rac showed up!! Sadie didn't want to leave the balls the whole time she was there.



















The parties there are extremely structured and the "hosts" are constantly trying to keep all the kids doing what they're supposed to be doing, etc. That doesn't always happen when you have about 25 kids running around like crazy people. Sadie had a few meltdowns because she just wanted to play, play, play! She didn't want to be made to sit in a circle! It was quite funny at times.
After the party we went by my aunt's house (my dad's sister) because they had a little get together for my dad and my aunt for their birthdays. It was pretty cool outside and I about gave Sadie hypothermia by letting her get into the swimming pool and swim with Dennis for a while. I just knew she wanted to so bad!!! She was freezing! Her lip was quivering and turning blue, so we thought it might be time to call it a night. She was having a ball!

After we put the kids to bed, Dennis built a fire outside in the firepit and we sat out there until about 11:00. It was cool enough to have a fire in the middle of July! And, I was freezing and had to come inside at 11:00! What is up with this weather? I will take it!!
Sunday morning we went to church and just came home and chilled. Sunday afternoon, Dennis took the kids to Deb and LJ's and then me, Dennis, and my dad all went to Ruth's Chris for dinner to celebrate my dad's birthday and to celebrate mine and Dennis' anniversary.




We had the best time!!!
While the cat's away, the mice will play!!!! (see pics below) I heard that aunt Rachie took very good care of my little boy and I appreciate it so much! Sometimes it takes a small army to help care for all of these little kids and I love it when everyone pitches in to help out!





What a weekend! Whew! We've got another busy, busy week ahead of us, all leading up to Sawyer's 1st birthday party on Friday! We can't wait!!!!!
Let me sign off by saying Happy Birthday to uncle Corky today! To celebrate with him, ha ha, I did boot camp this morning at the gym, just like he used to do when he was a soldier back in the day! I'm sure the things that I did this morning didn't compare, but boy, did it kick my rear again!!! We love you Uncle Corky!!!!
After we left the gym this morning, we took Emma her birthday present, played a while, and came on back home.
Let us take a deep breath and get ready for the whirlwind next few days. The last weekend of our July madness!!!! It's going to be my favorite!!!!

No comments: