Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fun Weekend!

We had such a good weekend. My grandmother had major surgery on Friday and she is doing really well. Prayers were definitely answered in that respect. She's still got a long road of recovery ahead of her, but she is the strongest woman I know, so I know she will pull through.
To start off the weekend, my honey killed his very first turkey! He was so excited and I was so proud of him!!! Go babe!!! Daddy is bringin' home the bacon! (or in this case, the turkey breast)

We went to the park on Saturday morning to watch Emma play softball. We had a great time. Emma did so good. She's going to be a great ball player. I was always so scared of the ball when I was her age, so I never was worth anything on the ballfield, but she's going to be really good, I can tell.
We played on the playground afterwards and had so much fun!!!!





Afterwards, we came home to eat lunch and let the kids nap, and then Rachel, my dad, and I all went back to the hospital to see my Grandma. She was doing great!
The 3 of us met Dennis, the kids, and Jeffrey, Chance, and Emma back at the park because we had so much fun earlier. We grabbed some dinner and let the kids play all night. It was so much fun. My dad spent some quality time with Sawyer in the swing. Too cute!!!

Family times are the best. There's nothing better than just being with family. No matter where you are or what you are doing, you just feel good when you are with family. Sadie had the best time. She didn't want to leave when it was getting dark. I think she would've stayed out there all night long! This was her when we told her she could have "one more time on the slide".

What a great weekend!!!

No comments: