Sunday, July 27, 2008

Final Weekend Update...for a while anyways.

I guess this will probably be my last weekend update for a little while. I'm not sure how much free time on Sunday nights that I'll have to come and sit at the computer. At least for a few weeks, I may have to take a sabbatical. We'll see...
I'm getting REAL excited about meeting this precious little angel. Most of my "fears" are fading, but they still loom in the back of my mind. Everytime they come to the front of my thoughts, I just pray and push them back. So, thank you all for all of your prayers. I have felt them tremendously, and it means so much to know that you have been praying for me.
Thursday, my mom and I went out and ran some errands, and she bought Sadie an Elmo Backpack. I took a few pictures, and I thought they were so cute! It freaked me out just for a moment, b/c it kind of reminded me of what she'll look like on her first day of school with her little backpack on. She thinks it's the coolest thing in the world though.


Friday night, we went to our normal Chili's for dinner and I had a yummy mushroom swiss burger. It doesn't get much better than that!
Saturday, Dennis and I got up and enjoyed our last Saturday of getting to just sit and drink coffee together while Sadie sleeps the morning away. We know that next Saturday will be completely different! We ran some more errands and came home to let Sadie nap. While Sadie was napping, Dennis cleaned out my car and switched Sadie's carseat to the other side, and put Sawyer's carrier in where Sadie used to sit. What a moment!!! It made my stomach turn about a thousand times when I saw it for the first time. I'm soon going to have a full house in my car! Crazy!!!! Then, we took Sadie to my mom's so that we could go to Stoney River for Dennis' birthday. It was delicious, but I have NO room left in my stomach for food, so it's hard to eat a big meal at all. I actually only had about 4 bites of my steak and I had to bring the rest home. But, it was probably our last time to go to a nice dinner together for a while, so we enjoyed the break. Thanks, mom!
Sunday, we got up and Dennis opened his presents from me, Sadie, and Sawyer. It was his 31st birthday today! Happy Birthday honey! We also brought down the swing that Sawyer will use and set it up in the den. Sadie has been "swinging" Elmo and Tigger all day. Pretty funny!!! I can only imagine how it'll be when she tries to "swing Sawyer"!!!!



Then, we headed to church. It was really good. Again, I sat there and realized it was my last Sunday at church for a while. I know it'll be a few weeks before we get the hang of everything and can get back into the church routine. Karilynn Phillips had Sadie in the nursery and she said that Sadie and Janey (her little girl) stood up in one of the cribs and danced together. I would've loved to have seen that!
We came home and I went to Walmart to get some last minute stuff that I'll need for the hospital, etc. I hoped Dennis could curl up and take a nap while I was gone and Sadie was asleep, but I came home to him telling me that our wonderful neighbors that we love so much (sarcasm) were putting up boards all around the bottom of their screened in porch with a hammer and nails. Last time I checked, you could use a drill and some screws, which would move along much quicker and be much quieter, but what do ya do?
When Sadie got up, we went to Grammy's (Dennis' mom) for Dennis' birthday dinner. Please check out Sadie's hair-do when we had to wake her up from her almost 3 hour nap. Hilarious!!!

Grandma and Grandad came too and it was nice to visit with everyone. Grammy just had their back porch re-done into a sunroom, and it was super nice. Sadie played and played while sitting in there. I think it kinda felt like she was outside.



Grammy and Dennis took Sadie out for a ride and they "visited" all of the donkeys. I stayed behind in the cool house. I can't stand the heat outside right now. Thank the Lord I only have 2 and 1/2 days left!!!
So, that was our last weekend as a threesome. Soon, we'll be a foursome and we can't wait. Although it's a little scary to think about the days/weeks ahead, we truly feel that our family will be complete when little Sawyer joins us.
Please keep us in your prayers!!!!
I'm going to try my best to get my hands on a laptop while we're in the hospital so that I can either post some pictures, or at least send out a quick blog to let everyone know how things are going. But, if not, I'll be sure to update my blog as soon as we get home on Saturday.

3 comments:

Amy Lafayett said...

Great pictures! Sounds like you had a fun weekend. The night before I went to the hospital to have Ava Jane I sat down at the computer and typed a little "journal entry" (though I had no journal) of what life was like with the three of us (me, Rick and Addison). Because once you bring home Sawyer, you won't remember what it was like with just the three of you. So, you ought to do that. . . just make some notes that will jog your memory one day of the special time your lives were filled with when it was just Sadie. She'll appreciate reading it one day too! Just thought I'd share. . . Praying for you this week! Love you.

Jennifer Aldridge said...

Don't worry Ann.. I had already thought about that. I will take some pics of Sawyer when I come to the hospital and post them on my blog for you on Thursday night. So you can tell anyone you want to hit my blog from yours and they can see them... BE SURE YOU CHECK MY BLOG OUT IN A LITTLE BIT TODAY.. I have the best video... JUST FOR YOU. :)

Laura Cline said...

Anna, good luck with everything. How exciting! We'll be think about all of you and praying for all of you as well. Teach Dennis to blog for you for a while :) What will I do without your updates!!!!!