Sunday, July 13, 2008

30th Birthday Weekend Update


Well, I turned the big "3-0" today. Ouch! Actually, I haven't even really thought about the fact that I am now 30 years old. I think I just have too many other things on my mind these days. My birthday came and went very quickly.
Friday night, we went and ate a fabulous dinner at Zaxby's. ha ha
I wanted something quick where we didn't have to get waited on. I think Sadie is going through a phase where she doesn't prefer to be locked into a high chair for more than 20 minutes at a time. So, it's made going out to eat a little more challenging than it used to be. Then, while I ran into Walmart to grab a few things, Dennis snuck over to Maggie Moos and got me a yum yum Better Batter birthday cake with cookie dough and fudge swirls. Wow! That's all I have to say about that.
Saturday, I got up and came downstairs and Dennis had all of my bday presents set out on the table. He said he couldn't wait another day to give them to me. Plus, he knows how hectic Sunday mornings are at this house, so I think he was smart to do it a day early. He surprised me with the most beautiful diamond bracelet!!! I was shocked!!!!! I didn't even know what to say. It was totally unexpected. He is the greatest husband in the world, I swear. He always spoils me rotten, and he always wants to make sure that I feel extra special. He always goes above and beyond even when I know we do NOT have the money for him to do that. I think he gets that trait from his mom and his grandma because they are the exact same way. They always want to do and do and do for you no matter what. Sadie (and Sawyer) got me the cutest card that almost made me cry, and "they" got me new Rachael Ray pots and pans and some more of my fiesta dishes. After I opened my gifts and got ready, I went to get a wonderful hour and a half pedicure at Relache Spa at Opryland Hotel. Dennis had gotten me a gift certificate there for Christmas, and I figured I'd better use it before Sawyer arrives, b/c who knows when I'll have the opportunity to have a "me" day again!!! Plus, all of us girls want our toes to look good when we have to go to the hospital to have a baby, right??? It was wonderful though. Totally relaxing. So much so, that I almost fell asleep while driving home!
Saturday night, we went and had dinner at Avanti Gourmet, and it was yummy. They have the best cheeseburgers there. I've been on a major cheeseburger kick lately. I crave protein all the time. Whether it's a steak or burger, whatever I can get my hands on.
Sunday morning, we went to church. It was quite madness for some reason. We tried 4 different rooms to get Sadie into the nursery before one finally took her. There is a MAJOR shortage in nursery workers. I told Dennis that as soon as I have Sawyer, I am signing up to be a worker, because it's just pitiful. So many people have to bring their kids into church and it creates all kinds of madness. We were about to leave and come back home because I just don't think Sadie would last through that service. She may last fine, but I don't want her to be a distraction to someone who is trying to listen to the message. Anyways, after church, we grabbed a gourmet lunch from McDonalds and came home and layed around. We met my mom and stepdad at Anchor High for dinner. Sadie loved feeding the ducks.




Afterwards, we were on our way home and I was talking to my dad on my cell phone...we pulled in our driveway, and Dennis said that our garage door opener wasn't working, so he asked me to run in the front door and push the button in the garage to open the door, so that he could pull the car in. So, as I was talking to my dad, I jumped out and went through the front door, and this is what I saw!

It was so sweet. Dennis had asked his brother and his wife to come and decorate for me, so that it would be there when I got home. They jumped out and yelled "surprise". It was so thoughtful, and I appreciated it so much. They went WAY overboard with the decorations and it was so much fun! Sadie loved it!!


We let Sadie and McHaney go outside and release some of the balloons. After they left, we took Sadie back out on the back deck and let her release some more. It was too cute.




All in all, it was a pretty uneventful 30th birthday. But, my sweet hubby made it special as usual. I don't know what I'd do without him. Thank you honey!!!! I love you more than life itself!!!!
I'm going to go and eat some more Better Batter cake now!

No comments: