Thursday, November 29, 2012

Counting my Blessings

After re-reading my last post, I saw how sad it sounded. I almost went back and deleted it, but I want to remember how I felt.

I DO want to re-iterate though, that I feel blessed.

I am beyond blessed with a precious husband. We are so much alike, yet very different. We are definitely each others' ying and yang, which works perfectly...most of the time. I feel like we were cut from the same mold, which isn't really possible, but whatever. Maybe its because we are both the "youngest"...who knows. I know he's always got my back. Always. I still see the same look in his eye as I did when we met and fell in love almost 20 years ago. Yikes.

I have a precious little girl who is the apple of my eye. I see a lot of myself in her and a little bit of Dennis. I am sure that will change through the years, but that is how I view her for now. She is full of love and if she ever says something hurtful, it's not on purpose...I know that. She is a people-pleaser, if I have ever seen one! She has never talked back to me, said she didn't love me, stomped away, or shown me one tiny sign that I should worry about our years ahead. (again, I know that will probably change)

I have a precious little boy who gives the BEST hugs. He squeezes me tighter and tighter every morning when I go and pick his sleepy body up out of bed. His legs are hanging longer on my body, but I want to never stop picking him up and carrying him out of bed. Then, I might miss those tight squeezes. He runs (literally) to me several times a day and throws himself into me just to hug me...for no reason, and then he will go right back to what he was doing. He is a LOT of Dennis and a little of me. I am okay with that. He is a lover, not a fighter. He is a rule-follower, which is rare in a young boy! He is also a people-pleaser, which I think is rare to have 2 of...?? But, his daddy and I are the same way, so maybe that's where both of our kids get it.

I can cry because I am so loved, not because I am not loved enough. I can be happy because I am blessed with a wonderful family, not because I have enough "things". I can take time to decide which friend to call on, instead of wishing I had a friend at all.

Life is not always sunshine and roses, but I do need to take the time to remember how lucky I am.

No comments: