Friday, October 26, 2012

Grace

God has really showed me His Grace this week. I have been tired. Like, T-I-R-E-D. My whole entire body has been exhausted. Rachel and I cleaned the cabin on Sunday. We got it down to 5 hours, which is about as quick as I think we can do it and still feel good about the work we've done.

Monday, Rachel and I cleaned our first house for Dennis. It was great! It only took us a little over an hour, because we only had to clean a portion of the house.

Tuesday, we started mulching, hedge trimming, raking leaves, etc. at Memaw and Pepaw's house. Hilarious. We cracked up thinking about the people that were driving by and seeing 2 blonde chicks out there doing a "man's" job. We worked our rear ends off!!!! We stayed several hours on Tuesday, but we didn't get finished. I think we are both a bit of perfectionists. We move as quickly as possible, but we want to be proud of our work, so we always make sure we are doing the best we can. I'm pretty sure I've never done hard labor like that in my life! My whole body hurt! I think when I was trimming hedges, I quit breathing for a moment or two. LOL!!! The funny thing is, (and this is where HIS GRACE come in) I had a lot of fun doing it! Rach and I laughed a LOT! Sawyer had to come with me and he was a PERFECT angel! Thank you JESUS! I never thought I would say that doing all of that work was fun, but it really was. We were blessed with beautiful weather too!

Wednesday, I had to get up at the crack of dawn and get ready for Sadie's first field trip. I took her to school and then we headed to Smyrna for the Walden Farms Pumpkin Patch. It was so much fun! She has such a GREAT group of friends!! We are SO blessed!!! The moms are great. The teachers are great. The students are precious. I couldn't be happier! Sadie has a smile on her face at all times when she is with her friends at school. It blows me away. Her teachers and helpers tell me all of the time that she is the happiest kid they have ever seen. One of them said to me that they could tell her to run 20 laps around the school and she would say "AWESOME"! LOL (I doubt that, but you get the point)

Thursday, Rach and I (and Sawdawg) headed back to Memaws to finish our job. We had to kick it into high gear to make sure that we could finish! It was a little bit hotter outside, but still beautiful. Sawyer was wonderful again and he even helped us rake leaves!!! We had another great day together. I am so thankful that Rachel and I work so well together! We are the perfect team. I never thought I would say that! I honestly couldn't pick a better partner to work with. My muscles are hurting in places that I didn't think could hurt, and I am beyond exhausted, but I am thanking God for these opportunities!!

Today is Friday and we are headed to clean another one of Dennis' houses. I am actually looking forward to it, because I know we will have a good time. I am a lucky girl.

I can tell that God has totally been working on my heart and my attitude this past week. He has helped me change the way I look at things. I know that things are hard for us right now, but I am thankful that God has provided a way for me to help out. I will continue to work my rear off as long as I can!!! One day, maybe the money I earn can be used for "fun" stuff, instead of for paying bills, but for now, we will keep on keepin' on and continue to HOPE that God has something amazing for us right around the bend.

No comments: