Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ephiphany

I was just in the shower, praying...yes, I know...a bit strange. But, the house was quiet. Sadie was settled in watching the new Tinkerbell movie and eating lunch. The boys are hunting at the farm. So, I jumped in the shower before we were headed out to run some errands. I've been freezing all morning, so the hot shower felt so good! I never take the time to just be still and listen to God. I come up with all kinds of excuses to not take the time. I know that is awful, but it's true. I DO have my quiet time every morning, but it is usually in a jiffy!

So, I felt God telling me to just be still and listen. So, I did. I had no excuses. I was in the shower...what excuse could I come up with? I sat down (yes, in the shower...sorry if this is TMI) and just prayed to myself about some things that have been on my mind. Then, I heard God remind me of the verse that was Sadie's verse of the week at school...Phillipians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". I have heard, said, studied, etc. this verse my whole entire life.

Rewind to this past week. I found myself several times throughout the week saying "I can't do it ALL"! I can't be a good mom, be a good wife, cook, clean, run errands, take and pick up the kids, be a good friend, AND work!!! I just can't do it. Something HAS to give!!" I said it several times out loud this week and even more times to myself.

Fast forward back to today...when God reminded me of that verse in the shower, it hit me. I CAN do ALL things through Christ who strengthens ME. I can do ALL things THROUGH Christ who strengthens me. I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Do you know what this means? I really CAN do it ALL!!!! By myself? No! Through Christ? Yes! What an epiphany!!! Praise God that I really can do it all. He will give me the strength to do it all. I used to think that this verse just meant that you can do any ONE thing that you set your mind to at that particular time. I never thought about it meaning that I can do EVERY thing that I set my mind to at ALL times.

Thank YOU for YOUR word today, Lord Jesus. I sure needed it!!!!!

No comments: