Sunday, April 17, 2011

Too fast!

I feel like every time I get on here to update my blog, it's about Sawyer achieving another milestone, with flying colors might I add. he he he
This time, its his transition to a big boy bed!!! We kind of decided on a whim that we were going to make this change. A friend of ours put a very cool bunk bed up for sale on Facebook, so we decided to buy it. It looked like the perfect bed for Sawyer's very small room. Since we hadn't really planned on doing this right now, I still haven't bought him any bedding or really even decided what we're going to do to make his room a "big boy" room. Dennis wants to do an outdoor/camping theme (imagine that), but I cannot find any bedding that I like.

So, we're starting with a few small things and we're going to go from there. So far, it's pretty cute and Sawyer is super happy with what we've done so far!


On another note, it was much harder for me to see all of his baby furniture go. We sold it to a sweet couple who are about to have their first baby. It was just sad to know that the bed, glider, changing table, and dresser that I have used for both Sadie and Sawyer was gone! Memories came flooding back (along with some tears) as I was taking all of Sawyer's stuff out of the crib so that Dennis could break it down. Sadie was sitting next to me in the glider and she so innocently said "mom, Sawyer's bed is going to be gone forever. We won't have any of this furniture anymore". Thanks, Sadie. I needed to hear that. LOL

Providing a little bit of comic relief, she also proceeded to ask if we were selling Sawyer along WITH the furniture. LOL She said "I might miss Sawyer, mom". So then I had to explain to her that Sawyer wasn't leaving with the furniture.


Sawyer loved helping Dennis move the furniture. So precious!





He also loved helping Dennis bring in the stuff for his new bed!! He and Sadie were such big helpers!





Once they got the bed put together, it was time for everyone to try it out!



First night in BIG BOY BED!!!



No comments: