Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Freedom...sniff, sniff


Everytime I look at this picture, I laugh. He couldn't have been happier being able to jump off of this dock. Half the time, he fell flat on the ground, but he would jump right up and do it again. And again. And again.

I love this boy.

I went this morning and registered him for pre-school. I clearly remember going this time last year to register Sadie. It was definitely easier this morning. I knew what to expect. I know who his teachers are going to be. I know half the kids that are going to be in his class, etc.

I actually left there this morning already feeling a sense of freedom. Freedom that I will feel in August when I get to FINALLY have a few days to do the things that I haven't had time to do in about 4 years! Go to the dentist, make a doctor's appt if needed, maybe go have lunch with my mom BY OURSELVES, or get reacquainted with some friends!

Although I cannot wait...I'm so sad!!! My baby boy is heading off to school. I'll be making his little lunch every day just like I do Sadie's. He'll have a cute little backpack. He'll make friends of his own.

I love that little guy.

I was in the shower earlier today before we went to pick up Sadie from school and I heard the footsteps. Those dreaded footsteps...running. Usually, it's "mom, I gotta go potty", or "mom, I spilled my juice", or "mom, shhhhhhhhhhh, I just put Woody to sleep", etc. LOL Anyways, when I heard him come running, I thought..."uh oh...what could it be this time??" "Am I going to have to jump out of the shower soaking wet and help him use the potty...AGAIN?" But, this time, he yells "MOM!!!" I said "what, Buddy?" He goes " I LOVE YOU MOMMY". My. Heart. Melted.

I stopped and thanked God then and there. Because that's what we should do. God has blessed me with a precious little guy who loves me more than life itself!!!! And, I love him too. More than I could've ever imagined. He's my little bud!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that just made my heart swell up with joy!!!! He is so precious just as his sister and his mama are to me. I love you...looking forward to those lunches!!!

Unknown said...

I don't know why that comes up under Butch's name...anyway it's me. MOM