Thursday, March 27, 2008

First trip to the Beach

Immediately after Sadie's birthday party, my mom, sis, and I & Sadie all jumped in the car and headed to Tampa for the week. My Memaw's 80th birthday is tomorrow, and we all wanted to surprise her for a visit for the week. She knew that my mom and sister were coming, but she didn't know that Sadie and I were coming as well. She was so surprised and very excited. The trip down there was a little rough. It wasn't bad at all, but there were definitely times where I thought to myself..."I may have to book a plane trip home...I don't think I can do this again". But, Sadie really did great. She couldn't have been more perfect all week long, and she did awesome on the trip home. I was so proud of her. She seemed to like the beach and pool, etc. We just hung out a lot and spent a lot of time w/ Memaw and Pepaw. Sadie really took to my Pepaw, and just smiled every time he walked in the room. She kept calling him "Dada", which was quite comical. I don't think he minded. It definitely was unlike any other trip I've taken to the beach in the past though. No more of those days where you just grab your towel and some sunscreen and lay out all day, that's for sure!!! We had to pack our whole house just to go to the beach one day for a couple of hours. Too funny!

But, we made lots of memories, which was most important.
We tried to hook my sister up with a waiter that we found out was only about 18 years old. Woops! My mom tinkled in her pants at one point...Sadie blew up on about every outfit I took down there...We all now know every word to Veggie Tales "Silly Songs"...the list goes on an on. Thanks for a great trip, mom!!!

2 comments:

Amy Lafayett said...

Glad you all had fun. She looks precious in her bathing suit and hat. And great pic with your mom. Does she look like Emma? I am terrible about who looks like who, but I have seen Emma twice in the past week and I think maybe they look a little alike. I am glad you all were able to get away before this week. And I am sure that memaw and pepaw looooved having you all there!!!

Rachel said...

YEah, the word "vacation: takes on a whole new meaning with your little ones attached!