Saturday, February 23, 2008

So Many Firsts!!

This has been one heck of a week for little Ms. Sadie. Small things first...she has started clapping. I know, it doesn't take much to make us smile these days, but I have been waiting for her to clap. We sing so many songs at "My Gym", and she never claps along, and I just couldn't wait for her to be able to grasp the clapping concept. Now, when we sing "If You're Happy and You Know It", she'll be able to play along!

Next, she has gotten her first tooth...FINALLY! We thought she was just going to be "gumby" forever and ever.


Lastly, and most importantly, she has taken her very first steps. I hesitate to say she is "walking", because I feel that a lot of people say their kids "walk" for the first time when they actually have only taken a few steps. To me (and this is just my opinion), actual "walking" is when they will get up and just walk away on their own. Right now, Sadie will just walk between Dennis and I. Meaning, he will sit a few feet away, and she will take 5 or 6 steps to him. Then, she'll turn around, hold her arms out, and take 5 or 6 steps to me. She did it over and over again last night, and we finally got it on video. So cute!!!


It's been a busy week! It seems as though she's changing every single day! It's so much fun.


And, as you can see in the picture below, we have taken "puppy" out of her crib. He has been her bed buddy since the very first night we put her in her baby crib. She had been sleeping with me every night for the first few weeks that we brought her home, and we felt that she would feel lonely in her big ole crib all alone, so we stuck "puppy" in there with her, and she cuddled with him every night until about a week or so ago. I think she was ready for room in her crib to crawl around, so we took him out. Maybe he'll be a comfort for the next little one. We'll see...
Baby Phillips #2 update: We had our 4 month appt. this past week and all was well. It was a very uneventful appt., which was fine by me!!! We had a bit of a rough 4th month, but with only one trip to the Emergency Room! And, it seems as though every since I walked out of that ER, I have finally felt tons better. (no more nausea) I don't remember ever feeling this good being pregnant with Sadie, so I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts. But, it seems as though this whole month either I, Dennis, or Sadie has been really sick. So, we're looking forward to a successful 5th month, and on March 25th, we get to have our big ultrasound to confirm the sex of this baby! I'm ready to start shopping for crying out loud!!!!

No comments: