Friday, May 18, 2012

Sawyer is movin' on up!

I have felt a HUGE heaviness all week. Nothing major happening...couldn't really figure it out...Until I woke up this morning...and realized it was Sawyer's last day of "preschool". He will move on up to Pre-K in August! Okay, so it won't be that "major" of a change. He'll just be one hall away from where he has been this year. BUT, I am having such a hard time with this. I watched him walk in front of me all the way to his class this morning after we dropped Sadie off. Memories were FLOODING my mind. When I came back later on to pick him up, he came r-u-n-n-i-n-g to the door to jump on me, like he does everytime I pick him up. He was telling all of his friends goodbye. His sweet little friend Brooklin hugged him and said with the saddest little voice "Bye Sawdawg". He hugged all of his little buddies and then gave his precious teachers big hugs and we quickly made our way out the door and down the hallway (before I started to cry...I felt the tears welling...) I let him walk a little bit in front of me down the hallway and I just watched...he's so big. He's so independent. Why is this so hard? Why did God put SUCH a SOFT spot in my heart for these types of things? If I'm crying now...what in the world will I be like when he goes to Kindergarten (don't even get me started on Sadie...), or when he graduates high school, goes to college, gets married, etc.????? He's so precious, so inquisitive, so witty, so tender hearted (wonder where he gets that?), so easily frustrated (wonder where he gets that??? LOL), so willing to help, so smart, and so many more things. I am blessed to have this special boy in my life. He can drive me up the wall one minute and have my heart melting the very next. I told one of the other moms today that I just wanted to push STOP...screw the PAUSE button...I want to just STOP right here where he is and keep him this way forever. I love him more than life itself and couldn't be more proud to be his mom. So, even though we are closing another chapter of his lifebook, we will be ready in August to open the next. He may not be known as "Sawdawg" next year in his Pre-K class, and he may not be allowed to RUN to the door to jump on me when school is over, but I know there will be many more memories to make and there will be many more wonderful things to look forward to. Until then, I will continue to wipe these dang tears away and pray that I won't embarass my kids with how much I cry over these things!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: