Sunday, July 10, 2011

Last Minute Girls Trip

Tuesday night, my sis called me to see if me and Sadie wanted to go to Atlanta to the American Girl Doll store w/ her, mom, and Emma on Thursday for Emma's birthday! I was so excited. Sadie didn't really know what to be excited about, but she was real excited about another road trip!
So, we headed off (much later than expected) on Thursday night! We didn't get to our hotel until 1:00 in the morning! My precious, 4 year old trooper, never skipped a beat! Never dozed off, never whined, never complained! She just went with the flow and had a blast just being up late and hanging with the older girls. I was so proud of her and a little bit shocked that she can go off of so little sleep! We got to the hotel and pretty much went straight to bed.

We all slept in Friday morning and after we were ready, we went straight to the mall to hit the American Girl Doll store.


Sadie LOVED it! She didn't even know what it was up until this point, but she became hooked very quickly...as did I! She picked out "Rebecca" and mom was very excited b/c that's mom's name. I thought it was real sweet.



We had lunch at the American Girl Doll Bistro. They had the BEST food! I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious ALL of the food was. They do it right! The girls got to eat lunch with their new dolls. Sadie thought it was so cool b/c they serve little plates and cups for the dolls to pretend eating out of.



We headed BACK into the store after lunch to do a little MORE shopping! It was so much fun!!!
We did even more shopping throughout most of the day. I have never had so much fun with Sadie in my life. She was so much fun and so super sweet and she made me so proud because of what a trooper she was. She had NO nap again on Friday while we shopped all day long and she was as happy as a lark! We headed back home Friday late afternoon.



We made such great memories and I cannot thank my mom enough for taking us and for maxing out her credit card (see picture below) so that the girls could get so many nice things!

I know that Sadie will treasure her little Rebecca doll for years and years! But, even more than that, I think she will treasure those memories that we made even more!

I hope and pray that we will get to do things like that more often!!!

No comments: