Thursday, July 21, 2011

10 Years


Wow, 10 years! Definitely has gone by REAL fast! I wanted to reflect on what I remembered from my wedding weekend.
I remember showing up at rehearsal and seeing Dennis sitting at the VERY top of the balcony all by himself. I went up there to see what was wrong and I remember that he was either crying or almost crying. I don't remember exactly why, but I do remember that it had something to do with family. Still dealing with those issues to this day.
I remember having a lot of fun at our rehearsal. I remember almost putting some exes together (bridesmaids and groomsmen) walking down the aisle as a pair and having to make some last minute changes to avoid that! This also resulted in Cayce and Bryan walking down the aisle together, which years later turned into them getting married!
I remember sweet little Chance, who was not even 2 years old, running down the aisle to me! I also remember realizing at that moment, he probably wasn't going to cooperate the following night at the actual wedding!!! HA
I remember loving every minute of the rehearsal dinner. Just hearing story after story after story and doing lots of laughing! I remember going back up to Dennis' grandaddy and Joann's hotel room after the dinner and they gave us the most beautiful vase as a wedding gift that we still have to this day.
I remember telling Dennis goodbye.
I remember going back to my mom and Butch's apartment in Rivergate to spend the night. Rachel stayed with me. I remember us sitting out on the back patio and chatting until it was time to go to bed.
I remember waking up that Saturday morning and being REAL excited for what the day had in store. I remember that it was supposed to be a beautiful day, but it was extremely cloudy and humid and I was real afraid it was going to rain...it didn't.
I remember going to get a massage and I specifically remember laying there and I was actually able to relax! I remember going to get my hair done and making sure that Angie did it VERY simple.
I remember going to the church to get ready and ALL of my sweet friends and family being there to get ready with me.
I remember Rachel putting my make up on.
I remember telling lots of stories. I remember Dad and Cathy bringing tons of food and snacks up to the church for everyone.
I remember getting nervous as guests started to arrive.
I remember my dad telling me right before the doors opened for us to walk down the aisle "this church is SO big, so it doesn't look like there are a lot of people here, but there are!" At that very moment, I didn't care if those doors opened and Dennis was the only person standing there. That's all that mattered to me.
I remember the very second the doors opened after the bell chimed 6 times, I looked at my dad and asked him if he was ok. He didn't answer. Then, he started to cry. Then, I started to cry. We both cried the whole entire way down the aisle. I loved every minute of it because it was so real.
I remember trying not to laugh during our vows. I didn't think it was funny or anything, but I think I was just nervous and wasn't used to being so "serious" with Dennis.
I remember when all was said and done, I have never been more happy walking back down that aisle with my "husband". I also remember when we got into the foyer, giving Dennis a big hug and realizing that he was crying happy tears. Precious!
I remember wanting to get those pictures over with quickly so we could get to the reception!
I remember having the time of my life at the reception, but its still a blur. There were so many people to talk to, so many things to do. Even though I was having so much fun, I was ready to start the honeymoon right away!
I remember leaving the country club and driving to Opryland Hotel. I remember lots of people staring at us as we got out of the Prowler in our wedding attire and checked into the hotel.
The rest...I defintely remember...but it is not for me to share!!!!!!!!
So, happiest anniversary to my love! I cannot wait for these next 10 years!!!!

No comments: