Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sawyer - Potty Time!

If there is ever a day that I have dreaded about being a mom, it's Potty Training! Sorry...don't judge...it is what it is!

But, after I trained Sadie last January, I thought...maybe it won't be so bad. Sadie did great!Honestly though...I knew Sawyer would be different. I knew he wouldn't be as easy as she was. Or, so I thought!

He's done GREAT!

P-O-T-T-Y, Potty Potty, Let's go Try!!! That's what we have chanted every time the timer goes off. The picture below was of Sawyer after he pee-pee'd for the 1st time and got to put his first sticker on his Potty Chart.

Day 1 was good and bad. He started well, had a bit of a lull after naptime, then ended well once Daddy got home. Day 2 started HORRIBLE! I pretty much figured he had forgotten everything we learned on Day 1 and by about 11 o'clock on Day 2, I was ready to give up and just try again later. Luckily, my good friend Rachel Fontenot, who was there to help me during Sadie's training as well, called and gave me a wonderful Pep Talk!! She told me that nobody she had ever talked to had a successful Day 2, so it made me feel better.
I stopped what I was doing, prayed, drank an Oasis and decided I was going to change. I calmed down and just went with it!
By the end of Day 2, we were back on track and hadn't had any accidents since before naptime. Yay!!!
Day 3 was PERFECT! No accidents at all, AND, he even started telling me that he needed to go, so we didn't have to use the timer as often. Praise the Lord!

God has given me an unbelievable amount of patience through this process. I woke up on Day 1 DREADING this and when I woke up this morning (Day 3) I had no anxiety whatsoever and was ready for whatever was coming my way. I can only credit that to God and His incredible peace that has definitely surpassed MY understanding through this process. I mean, I've never had a lot of patience with Sawyer...ever! Again, don't judge...it is what it is...I'm learning.
But, God has taught me a lot through this week of Potty Training and I so appreciate this "down time." I've had lots of time to spend with the kids. I've had lots of time to catch up on my Bible study. I've had lots of time to blog (obviously) which is something I never have time for anymore. And, I've had lots of time to work on my AdvoCare stuff.
Even though we've been stuck in the house for 3 days, God is about to blow us away with LOTS of sunshine and warm weather. I've been looking forward to it all week!

I am hoping that Sawyer continues to be successful on this journey and I can't wait to look back on it and remember how well he did. That's my boy!!!!

No comments: