Friday, March 4, 2011

Longing for Spring...

I admit...I have been beyond horrible at updating my blog posts. I've been a busy, busy girl. And, its only just begun.
I am soooooooo ready for warmer weather!!!! We keep getting teased with it and then the cold weather comes back! I'm ready to be outside all the time! I'm ready for swingset time, playtime, bonfires, outside walks, etc.
When the consignment sale rolls around every year in March and August, I always feel overwhelmed! I have to get my stuff ready, work the sale, shop the sale, and many other things. But, for now, this is where I get most of my kids clothes, so I feel like I have to be a part of it. And, it really IS enjoyable. I love "getting away", meeting new friends, hanging out with old friends, finding great deals, AND most importantly, MAKING SOME EXTRA MONEY!!!! But, the sale happens twice a year and it just so happens to fall right at Sadie's birthday AND Sawyer's birthday. So, in the midst of being involved in the sale, I am always planning birthday parties as well!
Which brings me to Sadie...she turns 4 next Wednesday. Seriously? The thought of her turning 4 has definitely been hard. I can't have the thought without my heart dropping and feeling VERY sad. She's grown up so fast. I also think because age 3 has been my most favorite age so far. I loved 3! Ages 1 and 2 were hard/challenging/learning experience. But when 3 rolled around, it was WONDERFUL! I loved every minute of her 3's. In a couple of weeks, I go to enroll her in pre-school. Pre-school. Seriously? I can hardly grasp my mind around that. Because that only means that this time next year, I will be registering her for the "K" word and I won't even SAY that word right now. On to more positive things...she is super excited about her birthday party next weekend at Peekaboo Playtown. She wants everyone she knows to be there...and then some. Sadie got asked to be part of a Dollar General ad a few weeks ago, so on Valentines Day, we took her to have her picture made and she will be featured in the Dollar General circular on April 3! Our little girl is bringin' home the bacon! ha ha What is so funny is that I was in a Dollar General commercial as a little girl! What a coincidence! My pretty baby girl growing up to be such a beautiful young girl.
She has the biggest heart and is always EAGER to please. She's definitely a people pleaser. She's the best big sister to Sawyer and has more patience than I ever will. She is always teaching him new things! Which brings me to...
Sawyer! My little baby boy is growing up WAY TOO FAST also! Where does time go? Seriously, where does it go? We are going to start Potty Training during Spring Break. I know...fun, fun! But, I thought it was the perfect time because we can hang out at home all week instead of having to take Sadie to school, etc. That's going to be a LONG week. I am already trying to mentally and emotionally prepare for that week. Whew! I know he won't be as easy as Sadie was, but I'm still determined! He is my precious baby boy. I love him more than life. He's definitely my challenging one, b/c at 2 and 1/2 years old, he STILL wants me to hold him all the time! He doesn't like to be told "no", but he is learning. He is the cutest thing I have ever seen and I love to just make him smile. His smile and those eyes melt my heart. He is going to be a heart-breaker one day, I can tell. Watch out ladies!! ha ha
AdvoCare is still going wonderful! It continues to provide us with additional income each month and I continue to be thankful that God brought this opportunity into our lives. To be able to feel THIS great WHILE making money is mind-blowing to me. And, the best part is, we are helping to change others' lives as well.
I have the best husband, the best family, and the best friends! God has blessed me beyong my wildest dreams and I love my life!!!!

No comments: