Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

I'm a little late on my Thanksgiving post, but it's been a crazy week! Sawyer has RSV...again! Bless his heart. I took him to the doctor yesterday for the 4th time in a month and they finally figured out what's wrong with him. So...sorry to everyone that has been exposed to him over the past month. Who knows how long he has had it. You can't say I didn't try though after over $140 in just co-pays to go to the doctor!!!! Can we say I might need to switch doctor's???? We'll see...
Anyways, we had a great Thanksgiving this year. It started on Tuesday of last week when Dennis' dad and Barbara came out and took us to dinner for Thanksgiving at Mimi's Cafe. Yum!!! The kids were a bit crazy, but luckily we had the whole back room to ourselves so it wasn't too bad. Wednesday night, we went to my Memaw & Pepaw's house to have pizza with that whole side of the family. Here's a picture of all of the grandkids and great-grandkids. (minus Chance)

Afterwards, we took the kids over to Deb's to spend the night because we had to get up very early the next day.
Thursday morning, we got up and ran the 5 mile race at Indian Lake. I can say now that it was great, but during the race I thought I might not make it!! I ran it in 52minutes, which was a great time for me. I will try harder next time to make it in under 50.
Afterwards, Dennis went and got the kids and we got ready and went to Aunt Pam's house for lunch. Most of that side of the family was there.



After that, we came home and let the kids take their naps and we went to my dad's for Thanksgiving dinner that night. I think it was the best meal I've ever had. It was sooooooo delicious!!!!!



Friday, we headed to Chattanooga with Clay, Jodi, and Reese for a weekend of fun!!! We checked into our hotel and headed to the Aquarium. It was so neat!!





The kids had so much fun looking at all of the fish, running around, crawling through things, touching (or, trying to touch) stingrays, etc. It was a very neat experience. I think they were at the perfect age to try something like that out because they were in awe by it all.




We left afterwards and made the mistake of taking 3 VERY sleepy kids to eat dinner at Sticky Fingers. It was a less than enjoyable experience that I won't even go there...
Saturday morning we got up while we were getting ready, Sadie and Sawyer got in our bed and watched TV. Sooooooo cute!!!!

When we were all ready, we all went to eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then we headed over the Children's Discovery Museum. It was the neatest place!!! It was a success for the kids. They had a ball! We stayed there for over 3 hours and I think Sadie and Sawyer would've stayed longer if we didn't make them leave. We were worn out!!!





There is so much for the kids to do. We didn't even get to do it all. You could spend hours and hours there. I wish we had a place in Nashville like this.






We headed home after 2 very long, but fun days! We made lots of memories which is what it's all about! The Curtis' were great travelin' buddies and we know there will be lots more of those types of weekends in our future!!!

No comments: