Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Welcome to the World of Motherhood...

...Those were the exact words from my mom today as I called to tell her what the doctor said about Sadie at her follow up doctor's appt. today. My response was "no kidding!"

She has her first ear infection, which I have always been told that breastfed babies aren't supposed to get...??? And, she has bronchiolitis, which is similar to bronchitis in adults. Basically, it's an infection that causes the small airways in the lungs to swell, therefore making it hard for her to breathe. I have to give her 3 breathing treatments a day for the next several weeks, maybe months, depending on how quickly she heals. It's so pitiful. That's all I can say. I know that this is more common than we think though. I even have a few friends/family whose children have been through the same thing, but as usual, when it's your own child, it seems like the end of the world. But, we are trying to look at the positive side and thank God for how fortunate we have been thus far with Sadie's health. She's been such a healthy baby! This is her first real sickness and she's almost 8 months old. We know it could be so much worse! And, to this day, she still has never had a fever. Thank you Lord!

Anyways, after her rough day today, we gave her a little present after her treatment tonight. As you can see, she quickly forgot how miserable she had just been and was having the time of her life!Going back to my mom's comment though...motherhood, as everyone says, truly has to be the most rewarding job in the world. At times, it's so hard, but the rewards that I reap from being a mom are priceless. Even the not-so-fun days like today bring me so much joy, because I get to be the one person in the world who can make her feel all better. One of my mom's friends at her work asked me one day, "Anna, what in the world did you do before her (Sadie)?". Honestly, I have no idea! I certainly didn't laugh as much. I certainly didn't sing as much. I certainly DID get a lot more sleep though...maybe that's what I spent all of my time doing! But, I do know that my life is now complete. I love, love, love having my own family now. There's nothing like it in the world.

2 comments:

MOM said...

PRECIOUS BABY GIRL! SHE'S GOING TO LEARN HOW TO WORK YA'LL EARLY. SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE DID GOOD WITH HER TREATMENTS. HOPE SHE IS BETTER TODAY. LOVE YA'LL NANA

Rachel said...

I didn't even know she had one until I just read this! Mc has one too!!!! That is what was wrong with her at Xmas Village.