Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Years 2015

I am certain that 2015 is going to be fabulous! I just have a feeling!
This will be a quick post...
We loaded up and headed to the farm to celebrate New Years. We went with Daren & Rachel, their girls, their neighbors (the Wards) and their 2 girls. The Jacksons came down for the day on Tuesday.
We had a wonderful couple of days! The only drawback was that upon our arrival, we found that the house had a bit of a mouse infestation. If you know me, you know that I was not happy about this discovery. We finally have a GORGEOUS house to stay at when we go to the farm, and now its infested with MICE! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Basically, we found mice poop everywhere. We also found lots of bits of acorns all over the place. They made themselves at home downstairs where the kids sleep AND all over the kitchen, AND in all of our beds. G-R-O-S-S! I got a little cocky when I went into our bedroom, and I didn't think there was any mouse poop in our bed, until Rach quickly came and showed me several little pieces all over our comforter. Kill me, kill me now!!!! We had to clean EVERYTHING! We looked up some home remedies and discovered that mice don't like the smell of mint and they don't like dryer sheets. So, we rubbed dryer sheets all over ourselves and our beds AND I slept with an open tube of toothpaste (mint, of course) on my bedside table. We had no other choice that night because it was sooooooo late!
The next day, Rachel and Jennie-Blair went to Walmart and spent almost $100 on mice repellants. Who knew that they had plug-in mice repellants?? So cool! We ended up catching one mice in the middle of the night in one of the traps. We know that there are many more! We are out to get them!!!!!
Here are several pics of our time at the farm. Several times, we heard the kids say that they were having the "best experiences of their life"!





No comments: