Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Lots to Update!

I have been worse than HORRIBLE at updating this blog. Honestly, since I've gotten out of the habit, I forget its even here!
I'm not even sure when my last update was, so for now, I will just start with the highlights over the last few months.
Sawyer graduated from Kindergarten! Woo Hoo! He far exceeded our expectations on how we thought he would do being so young in Kindergarten. He did so amazing! He left Kindergarten reading far above what he should be. We are putting him in Pre-1st since he is the youngest boy in his class. I want to give him an extra year to grow, mature, age, etc. He could do 1st Grade with no worries! But, I don't want him to be the young kid for the rest of his years in school. He had several kids in his class who turned 7 during their Kindergarten year. Um...Sawyer is still only 5!!!!!! So, it only makes sense to give him an extra year. He is super smart, and I know he will have no problem when it comes to schoolwork.
Sadie Jane left 1st grade with all A's (and a few B's) for the whole year. I'm a proud mom! She had some moments at the beginning of the year when she struggled a little bit, but after Christmas, she took of and soared her way through the end of the year. She's reading at a high 2nd grade level already! So, so proud of her! Especially since she is also considered "young" for her grade. She was very, very, very, VERY sad to leave 1st Grade, especially Mrs. Wolfe, but I know that she will love going on to 2nd.
Our little man got baptized this past Sunday. There is NO greater joy as parent than when your kids get saved. To know now, that no matter what happens, I will spend ETERNITY with my WHOLE family, brings me more joy than I could ever imagine! He has been asking lots of questions for the past several months and so we went to Bro. Jason at church and he gave us the books to let Sawyer go through. One night in his bed, he prayed that special prayer, and from there, we set up his baptism. We wanted to do it on Father's Day, but due to some circumstances, it was changed to this past Sunday, June 8th. Dennis was able to baptize him and it was so sweet. Such a special moment! My heart is full!!!
We leave in less than 2 weeks for the Atlantis. We are so busy right now, so it's almost hard to even get excited, but I really cannot wait. I just want to be there! Mom was in the hospital for a few days last week, and we had a scare that almost made me fear that the trip might be cancelled, but thankfully, she is home and doing well! Praise the Lord!
Lastly, Dennis and I (and Travis/Anita, Sean/Kennedy) completed the Tough Mudder Nashville this past Saturday. We signed up for it just for "fun". We didn't really train; just did our normal exercising that we had been doing. It was so awesome! What a sense of accomplishment we felt when we finished. (after almost 5 hour) Holy cow! It was by far the hardest "race" I've ever done. There were many times when we came to an obstacle, and I said "no way!" Thanks to my sweet husband, and his encouragement, I attempted every single obstacle on the course. The very last one was the only one that I couldn't do, but I still attempted it! Basically I got to the top of the wall to climb over, and both of my calves cramped up, so I couldn't push off to get over the wall. Whatever. We pushed through lots of mud, scary obstacles, lots of fear, calf cramps, more mud, exhaustion, side cramps, nausea, muddy creeks, near dehydration, extreme heat, muddy walls (did I mention MUD), zero degree plunge pool, electro shock, disgusting port-a-johns, horrible smells, rope climbing, pyramid building, mud from HEAD to TOE (literally), and lots of laughter!!!! We also barely escaped a tornado! Apparently right after the race, a horrible storm passed through Spring Hill and took down half the tents, obstacles, etc. and they had to cancel the whole thing for Sunday. I would've been SO disappointed! I'm glad we were all safe! It was amazing in every good and bad way that you can imagine. I will never forget that day! There were definitely times that I had to quote Philippians 4:13, and there were definitely times that I was not quoting scripture. LOL Either way, we made lots of memories and we all walked away with only minor scrapes, bruises, and maybe a broke toe! Oh, and my hair may never be the same. Yikes! Not to mention, its been 4 days since the race, and I am STILL digging brown stuff out of my ears. Lovely, yes, I know.
So, that's what has been going on for the last little bit.
Sadie completed Volleyball Camp last week and loved it! Sawyer is in Football Camp this week, Sadie starts Cheer Camp tomorrow, and then Sawyer has Basketball Camp next week. Then, it's ALL ATLANTIS from there!!!!

No comments: