Monday, August 5, 2013

Sawyer is 5!

My little boy...my youngest...my baby...my only son...is now...FIVE!
Where did these past 5 years go??? We went for his check-up today and he was such a big boy. It almost broke my heart because he did so good. He got shots for Kindergarten and did not shed a single tear. Who does that? My boy! That's who!!!! I am one proud momma!
He finally weighs a whoppin' 40 pounds! His height still outweighs his weight though. He is 45 inches tall. We are waiting on the magic "46" inches, so that we can go back to Holiday World! LOL He is off the charts in height and average on the weight. How did my kids get so tall?????
He is super excited to start Kindergarten next week. He can't wait! I am a little bit sad, but I am more excited that he is getting to go to the Little Red Schoolhouse just like Sadie. He is going to have the BEST YEAR EVER! And, to know that his cousin Cole is going to be in his class is just adding to the excitement!
A few facts about my little bud: he is still the biggest goofball I know! He makes me die laughing on a daily basis...he loves his big sis more than anything...he is extremely tender hearted...he will pretty much do ANYTHING you ask him to, if he knows he is helping you out! He has a lot of friends and is the sweetest boy I know...he is very smart! He can memorize anything (songs, Bible verses, stories, etc.) My mom swears he is going to be a country music singer one day because he loves music! He has a bit of a temper and gets frustrated easy...wonder who he gets that from??? hmmmmmmmm...He is playing his first "sport" this Fall. Flag football! He is SO excited about it!!!!!! We went with Upward because they only practice one hour a week and they have games on Sat. mornings. I am excited that he is finally getting to do something for himself, since he was so patient all year with Sadie's ballet schedule.
He is the most loving, caring, kind hearted, witty, and silliest boy I know! I am more than blessed to be his mom. I thank God for this little dude every day. I was always afraid to have a son, because I wasn't sure I would be able to "connect" with him. Boy, was I wrong! I love him more than I can even say!!!
Here are a few pics of him from this Summer!

No comments: