Friday, August 26, 2011

Random Thoughts...

I've been meaning to update this blog for the past couple of weeks. I've had a lot on my mind lately, but none of which has seemed worthy enough for a whole blog post.
First of all, my friend Cayce, had something horrible happen to her precious little boy, Crew (2 and 1/2), the other night. He fell off of the top of a barstool in their kitchen and basically had 100% impact on his little mouth as he hit the hardwood floor. Long story short...he had to have emergency surgery at Vanderbilt that night. He had to have 3 teeth pulled (which were basically already dangling by their roots after the fall) and LOTS of stitches. He had a facial fracture. He was swollen. Bruised. She said he didn't look like himself. To Bryan and Cayce, it was tragic. Obviously, it could've been much worse, BUT, to them, it was AWFUL! And, to me, it was AWFUL! I seriously felt (after talking to her) that it had happened to one of my own children. I was disturbed. Upset. Shaken. Unsettled. I had never heard Cayce THAT upset in my life. I have known her for 23 years and she has NEVER sounded so sad, scared, distraught. So, I said all of that to say, I have spent the whole week just wanting to be with my kids. I don't want them away from me. I was scheduled to go on a girls trip this weekend, and along with Cayce, am not going anymore. I just don't want to leave my sweet family right now. Some things happen that puts things into perspective. I just realize how precious those kiddos are and I just want time with them right now.
So, we are going on our first camping trip tomorrow night! Ok, so we are cheating a little bit. We are camping at the farm. BUT, we are still sleeping in a tent! We just have the "option" to escape inside the house, if needed...Baby steps, ok?? Growing up, our idea of "camping" was in a motorhome! So, all of this is new to me!!! I was spoiled! But, I am super excited and think it's going to be so much fun. The kids are soooooo excited! You'd think we were going to Disneyworld or something!!! I love that they get so fired up about the simple things of life! I know with technology these days and with ALL of the changes in toys, TV shows, etc. since when I as a kid, it's hard to keep them grounded. But, I want them to appreciate the simple things and to grow up loving the things that I did while having wonderful imaginations as well!
On another note, I am covered up with VIP tagging for the upcoming consignment sale. Wow. Never seen so many clothes in my life, but am hoping to make a little extra money by doing it. We shall see!
Both of the kids are loving school. Love, love, love. They get excited to go EVERY time! Yay! They both have great friends in their classes and they both love their teachers. Doesn't get much better than that! And, I have TOTALLY enjoyed having a little free time each week! I've gotten to spend time with my precious friends and I have LOVED that!!!!
So, all is well at the Phillips household. We are READY for vacation! We leave 2 weeks from TODAY! Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: