Thursday, January 6, 2011

Big Boy

Well, some changes have taken place in the Phillips household over the past few weeks. First of all, I have a full Christmas blog ready to post...except I am trying to put pictures into it. So, as soon as I find 12 hours to load the pictures onto the blog, I will post it! LOL
Anyways, to hold myself accountable, I am putting on here that I am getting VERY close to attempting to potty train Sawyer. By doing this, I am totally going against what I've always believed, which is that kids aren't ready to use the potty until closer to 3 years old. Sadie was the easiest child in the world to train and I credit that to the fact that she was 2 months from turning 3, so she was "ready".
I'm willing to start with Sawyer a little sooner because I feel like he is "ready". He talks about it all of the time, he asks to use the big boy potty; he's even started talking about wearing "panties", which I have to remind him that boys don't wear! I correct him and tell him that boys wear underwear.
He also no longer has a pacifier, which was a huge deal for us! He never has been attached to his like Sadie was to "Big Orange", but he still had it every single time he took a nap and went to bed at night. He went to stay at Grammy's the other night and she couldn't find one in his overnight bag, so she said she put him to bed without it and he slept perfectly fine. I've heard of this happening to several friends/family, but never thought it would EVER be that easy with mine! But, he literally came home the next day, went down for his nap without it, and never made a fuss at all. He asked about it a few times, but when we told him that big boys don't need them, he was cool with that. Praise the Lord!!!
So, now that the pacifier is gone, potty training is on the calendar, and my baby boy is growing up way too fast...Dennis is already pushing to get him in a big boy bed. STOP THE MADNESS! SLOW DOWN!!!! He's still my baby!!! :) Times are good. I am blessed beyond belief.

No comments: