Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas, Feet, and other Phillips happenings...

Christmas is just around the corner...approximately 3 days away to be exact! This Phillips household is super excited!!!! Our kids literally have been acting like they've been on crack for the past few days. It's been so fun!
Sadie wanted absolutely nothing to do with seeing Santa this year. She pretty much ran from him. It was quite funny. She kind of talked to him at Chick fil A one night, but that was while she was pretty much hiding behind me! Sawyer loved Santa this year, but I'm sure that will change next year. I am convinced that one of these years, I will actually get a picture of both of my kids with Santa Clause!!
They are growing up so fast! I've always been obsessed with my kids feet. I know...very strange, right? But, I can remember how much I loved to smell their feet when they were tiny babies and how much I just love, love, love to kiss on their precious little feet! I looked at Sadie's the other day and they just don't look like tiny little baby feet anymore. Sawyer's are disappearing right before my eyes. My little boy is getting so big. Just a sign that I don't really have "babies" anymore.
They are so sweet to each other. They definitely have their moments when they have wrestling matches in the den, but usually within minutes, they are best friends again. The other night, Sadie and I had gone to see Tangled together and Dennis had taken Sawyer to get his hair cut. When we got home, Sawyer was already in bed, but Sadie insisted that we go in and tell him good night anyways. I let her go in there while I was putting my stuff up and when I went to go in there, I stopped and listened to Sadie talk to him. She was kneeling down, and had her hand through the slats of his crib rubbing his belly and she was saying "good night buddy...if you need me, I'll be right on the other side of your wall". Okay, as a mom, I about fell in the floor bawling!!! I just thought it was precious. The look on his face was as if he knew everything in the world was just as it should be simply because his big sister said so. Priceless.
We are all settled into our home. We love it. We are very "cozy" in here, but it's just how we wanted it to be.
Dennis and I are both doing the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge. We've never felt better. It's the most amazing product I've ever gotten my hands on. My Challenge finishes up tomorrow and I've lost a little over 10 pounds. Dennis still has about a week left and he's already lost around 13 pounds. We joined the AdvoCare team a couple of weeks ago and can't wait to jump in and start helping people after the 1st of the year. We both believe so much in this product and know that it's going to continue to make a difference in our lives both physically and financially.
We are making lots of memories this Christmas and continue to start new traditions while keeping the old ones. We continue to realize how blessed we are. God has been so incredibly good to us in 2010 and I cannot wait to see what He has in store for us in 2011!!!!!

1 comment:

The Overstreets said...

Sweet post! What a great big sister! I can't wait for our families to spend more time together! We're gonna love 2011!