Friday, September 11, 2009

Oh, How I've Waited...


I think I can say I have waited my whole life for this. Okay, so it's just my children's panels hanging on the wall together to you. But to me, it's so much more. I can still remember the days, weeks, months, years that I prayed to have a child. It literally still hurts my heart deeply when I hear of couples who are having trouble conceiving. I know your pain. So, to look up at my wall and see these 2 panels hanging together, representing the first year of both of my babies lives means so much to me. It's something that we will have hanging on our walls for the rest of our lives. So many other pictures will change in and out of the frames, but these 2 will always be hung together in mine and Dennis' home for as long as we live.
Anyways, we have been so busy lately! I started a new mom's group at church, I-Mom. It's going to be great! I can't wait to see what all God is going to do with this group of mom's. I also started a women's Bible study at my church on Wednesday nights called "I Am". I think it's going to be amazing as well. For the first time in my life, I am praying so hard for God to change me, use me, let me know Him better, give me a hunger for His Word, etc. I am so excited to see what will happen over these next few months. Sadie started her first real "class" on Wednesday nights as well called "Jasper's Bible Club". I went and bought her a new Bible and she carried it around for days and wanted to read it during every spare moment that she had. She would sit down, open it up, and pretend to read it over and over. I thought we might have the next Beth Moore on our hands! ha ha They get special stickers and things for bringing their Bible every week and learning verses, etc.
As a mom, the most important thing to me is for my kids to learn all about Jesus from me. I want them to see God in me. I want them to see me pray. I want them to see me in His Word. Our pastor's wife asked us the other day: If someone were to ask your kids what they think is important to you, what would they say???? Would they say it's: cleaning the house? clothes? Money? Having the best things? Or, would they say "Mommy loves Jesus!!!" It's definitely something to think about.
We are leaving for our very first family vacation in a week. We are beside ourselves. I think Dennis would leave today if it were up to him. He's so excited. It's the first time he's been out of town in almost 4 years! I got to take Sadie to the beach a couple of years ago, but he didn't go, so it's been a long time coming for him. We don't even care if it rains every day. We're just looking so forward to getting away from everything and spending time together as a family.
When we get back from the beach, we're going to Gatlinburg for a weekend, then I'm going to the Beth Moore conference in Memphis, and so on. It's going to be a busy Fall, but I can't wait!!!!
I've also decided to do a half-marathon in November. What am I thinking???? Barbara asked me to join them in Chattanooga and do one with them because her and her best friend walk it together. I think we're going to try and make a whole weekend of it, so it should be fun, regardless if I can do the whole thing or not!!!
So, that's what's been going on in our lives. Stay tuned for lots of pictures from the beach!!

No comments: